Foundations Press is currently accepting submissions from authors for non-fiction works that will benefit families and congregations. The majority of our books are for homeschooling families, although we will consider other works. We are also accepting fiction works for children and youth, as long as it includes no magic or other biblically unacceptable material. If you are a children’s illustrator who would consider working with us, please contact us.
All submissions should remember that our purpose is to grow disciples with a biblical foundation. All homeschooling curriculum should use the Bible as the primary textbook.
We publish less than 5% of all works received for consideration, so please do not be upset if we cannot publish your work at this time.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please do not submit a work for consideration unless you are in complete agreement with the doctrinal statement found at this link. If you disagree with a certain point, please let us know in your cover letter and explain the difference, including Scripture.
- We prefer to receive a short query letter, plus a formal book proposal and two sample chapters or other sample of your work.
- If you have never written a formal book proposal, we recommend Writing a Winning Book Proposal, by Michael Hyatt.
- Please do NOT send an entire original manuscript. We do not have time to read these. If we are interested, we will contact you and discuss moving forward.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Please include your name, physical mailing address, telephone number, and a good email address, so that we may contact you with our reply.
- Please include patience — it takes us approximately 3-6 months to respond.
- We do not consider proposals received by email. Please send us a printed query and proposal by snail mail.
You should send submissions to us by mail to:
Attn: Anne Elliott
P.O. Box 191
Perry, MI 48872
Remember: The best way to learn what we like is to read books that we have already published. 🙂
Are You a New Writer Needing Help?
Click here for a list of all of our favorite resources for writers.
Free Teacher TrainingClick to Start Learning!