“Finally, a Bible curriculum designed for real homeschooling families…”
That’s why, several years ago, we developed a Bible curriculum specifically for homeschoolers. We invite you to take a look!
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Study the Bible chronologically, beginning with the Old Testament. A firm foundation for biblical understanding will be laid.
- Teach your children how to study the Bible for themselves, using inductive and deductive methods.
- Through daily use, teach your children how to handle their Bibles, understand what it means, and apply it to their lives.
- Commit large sections of Scripture to memory, hiding it in your hearts so your family will not sin against God.
- Children who begin studying the Bible in first grade will have thoroughly discussed God’s Word four times before they graduate from high school.
- A variety of activities for multiple ages means that families will read together, study together, and grow together… making life easier for Mom and simplifying your homeschooling day.
Why We Developed a Bible Curriculum
We believe that knowledge of the Bible, God’s Word, is essential for our children (in fact, for all people). How can we know how to live in a way that is pleasing to God if we are not familiar with God’s instruction manual? That’s why, several years ago, we began searching for a Bible curriculum that our homeschooling family could use. While we do think it is possible to piece together a strong course of study from the hundreds of resources available, several factors began to frustrate us:
- Many homeschooling curricula seemed to follow a haphazard approach to learning the Bible, leaving possible gaping holes in our children’s knowledge of God.
- We couldn’t find a homeschooling company that followed a chronological approach to Bible study. Why was this important? If our children didn’t come to a clear understanding of God’s nature and character, their own sinfulness, helplessness and hopelessness, and Christ’s all-sufficient saving work through His death, burial, and resurrection, then how could they understand God’s plan of salvation and have certainty of their faith in Him?
- Many homeschooling curricula fail to teach the Bible consistently as one book, just as God has progressively revealed it to us. Instead, we saw hit-and-miss teachings, full of cute Bible stories and character-training devices. We were convinced that if our children came to know and understand God’s plan for their lives as revealed in His Word, they would develop Godly character as a natural by-product.
- Since the majority of Christian teaching emphasizes individual doctrines of the Bible rather than presenting the Bible as one complete, interdependent revelation of God, the result is often heresy, as well as the misinterpretation and overemphasis of certain Scriptures. How many lifelong church members still do not know the Bible as one book? How many have even read through the Bible in its entirety just one time? We didn’t want this for our children.
- Finally, when we found a homeschooling curriculum company that seemed to meet our goals, it was written for just one child to use, usually in a classroom setting. We were searching for a curriculum that we could use to teach all of our children, all at the same time.
That’s why we developed our own homeschooling Bible curriculum.
Benefits of Our Bible Curriculum
Here are some benefits of our plan:
- We offer a 3-year plan to studying the Bible. Foundations 1 will study an overview of the Old Testament, preparing your children for the coming of Christ by presenting them with a clear picture of God’s nature and character, as well as the nature and character of sinful mankind. They will learn about the necessity of the Law and about God’s plan to provide a Savior from sin. They will have a clear understanding of their place in God’s plan. Foundation 2 will study the Gospels and Acts, as your children will see how Christ was the fulfillment of all the Old Testament. They will learn how the early church was founded and how God has continued to build His church. Foundations 3 will continue the study of the New Testament by surveying the Epistles and the book of Revelation. Your children will now have the necessary framework to study systematic theology as well as character traits that are taught in the Epistles.
- We will follow a chronological approach to the Bible. We strongly urge you to start with Foundations 1: Preparation for Christ (Old Testament), no matter the ages of your children, so that a firm foundation for Biblical understanding will be laid.
- We will help you teach your children how to study the Bible for themselves, using inductive and deductive methods. Your children will learn, through daily use of the Scriptures, how to find Scripture passages, understand God’s Word for themselves, and apply it to their daily lives. Your children will also commit large portions of Scripture to memory, hiding God’s Word in their hearts so that they will not sin against God.
- We will have your children study through the Bible once every three years. If your children happen to start using our homeschooling curriculum in kindergarten or first grade, they will completely study the Bible four times before they finish high school. You don’t have to worry about boring them, however. We offer learning activities suited to many different ability levels, so that all of your children will be challenged.
- We think you’ll love our curriculum, especially if you’re teaching several children at once. You will all be memorizing together, studying together, and applying God’s Word together. We’ve included easy lesson plans so that Mom doesn’t have to spend much time in preparation. In addition, each year’s plan requires only a handful of additional resources, so you’ll save money!
We think you’re going to fall in love with our homeschooling Bible curriculum because…
- It’s easy on Mom! She’ll have very little preparation to do!
- It’s family-friendly! All of your kids will be learning, memorizing, studying, and applying Scripture together.
- It’s cost-efficient! We offer it to you as an inexpensive e-book download, or you may purchase it as a printed, wire-bound book to save the cost of printing it yourself.
- It’s all-inclusive! You can buy more resources if you’d like, but rest assured that our curriculum is a packed program all on its own.
What Families Are Saying
“This is the first time we’ve been consistent with our Bible study time since we started homeschooling. Thank you!” – a mother in Missouri
“I’ve been searching for a curriculum that started in Genesis and read straight through the Bible. That our whole family can do it together? Well, that’s even better!” – a mother in Arizona
“I downloaded this curriculum, looking for a GOOD, comprehensive, SIMPLE, easy to follow, Bible centered Bible curriculum and I was NOT disappointed. First, the program is comprehensive. It covers, Bible reading, memorization, drills to help your child be able to find quickly references. It approaches memory verses in a variety of ways, auditory, visual, kinesthetic. It really covers a lot of ground in NOT a prohibitive amount of time. I just consider this to be an all around great product.” – Rebecca
“To say that I am pleased with this curriculum could very well be the understatement of the year. The suggested reading list is spot on. The lessons are clear and easy to follow. It is very thorough and even teaches some concepts that I hadn’t thought to teach my children before. I even learned some tips on bible study and memorization. I appreciated the mom’s notes and check off list that go with the lessons. My favorite part (okay one of them) is that this is chronologically based. There is no better history than that of the bible and this curriculum give your kids a much greater understanding of how to appreciate and utilize the bible, our most important tool.” – Heart of the Matter
“Foundations 3 is the best year yet! My husband and I learned so much as we dug into Scripture with our children. My Bible is much clearer to me now.” — a mother in Iowa
How to Use Our Bible Curriculum
Our homeschooling curriculum can be used with any grade level, with any number of children, but just to help you understand, let’s think about some possible scenarios:
- You are homeschooling only one child, and he is just starting first grade. In this case, you would use Foundations 1 for first grade, Foundations 2 for second grade, Foundations 3 for third grade. When your son starts fourth grade, you would go back to Foundations 1 and complete some of the more difficult assignments. You would continue to cycle through the curriculum, potentially studying the entire Bible four times before your son graduates! Wow!
- You have many children, ranging from high school age to preschool. You’re a busy mom, so you’ll love the flexibility of our curriculum. Each of your students will be studying from the same lessons. You should all start on Foundations 1, no matter what grade your children are in. Young children will listen as you read aloud from your Bible. They can complete the optional coloring pages and memorize the Bible verses. Older children can do the optional activities, enjoy weekly Bible drills, and memorize longer sections of Scripture. High school students can outline entire books of the Bible, read supplemental books, and learn how to study the Bible for themselves. Meanwhile, Mom still has very little preparation to do, and it didn’t cost you any more money!
Note: This title included in our all-inclusive curriculum at HomeschoolingTorah. (Learn more here…)